Life & Work
-°De Panne (B) 1960, lives and works in Gent since 1980
- Studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Gent 1980-1984
KASK / School of Arts / Hogeschool Gent
- Worked as videomaker in the eighties, photography on assignment in the nineties and early noughties.
- Started teaching photography at the School of Arts / KASK and working on personal projects from 1989 till now.
- Course director of the fine arts department at School of Arts / KASK since 2005 till now.
- Likes to swim
- Gallery262 by Sofie VAn De Velde, 'DIALOOG' group show from June 4th until June 28th 2015
Johan De Wilde - Bram Van Stappen / Max Pinckers - Willem Vermoere / Gauthier Oushoorn - Sam Weerdmeester / Stanislas Lahaut - Bieke Depuydt / Ilse D'Hollander - Catharina Dhaen
- D R A T E R # edition came out on june 4th 2015
# ANGST ESSEN SEELE AUF,
Video, photography and installation works based on themes recurring in the Fassbinder classic film ‘Angst essen Seele auf’ (1973)
a double exhibition both in De Zwarte Zaal Gent B in jan-feb and in the Bielefeld (D) art academy in nov-dec 2014 curated by Axel Grünewald, Jasmin Horozic and Willem Vermoere
Participating artists included: Liam Singelyn, Yves Kerckhoffs, Tom Callemin, Alexander Saenen, Jan Machinski, Lisa Spilliaert, Lore Horré, Io Cooman and Frank Ostyn.
# LOCUS FABRICA,
About the changing landscape in the port of Gent, Belgium. 2005 Exhibition in Caermersklooster, Gent. Participating artists: Tjorven Bruyneel, Sarah Bruyninckx, Michel Petré, Kim Pots, Bastian Fischer a.o.
an edition about drawing as photography and photography as drawing
by Wouter Coolens and Willem Vermoere 2006, Published by KASK – Hogeschool Gent
about photography and acting. Exhibition in De ZAAL 30/04 - 16/05/2004
Participating artists included: Fien Muller, Hanne Lamon, Lieven Lefere, Charles Verraest, Katrien Vermeire, Jan Lauwers, Annemie Augustijns, Maarten Vandenabeele and Sylvie Crutelle